At CNH, we believe in the use of natural, non-toxic therapies to help support the whole person and encourage the self-healing process. Their goal is to minimize the risk of harmful effects from cancer treatments, and apply mild intervention needed to restore your well-being.
Importance of Nutrition
Nutrition plays a role in both the prevention and treatment of cancer. It is important to discuss diet and nutrients in general as nutrition affects everyone differently. Sufficient protein, calories and high-nutrient foods are crucial if you are undergoing treatment for cancer. As a part of your personalized treatment plan, we will recommend dietary options and nutritional supplements unique to you, including immune boosting foods designed to decrease side effects of cancer treatment.
Managing nutrition can give you many benefits including:
- Upholding the immune system
- Preserving muscle mass
- Decreasing your risk of infection, and increase strength and energy
- Decreasing side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Prompting quick healing after treatment
- Reconstructing your overall quality of life and well-being
It is Important to Manage the Side Effects of Cancer Treatments
Treatments for cancer causes a lot of stress and damage to your already weak body–which develops into more side effects. Common side effects include extreme fatigue, depression, loss of muscle mass and strength, neuropathy, memory and cognitive complications, damage to the immune system, alterations in hormones, immune suppression, hair loss and osteoporosis.
Supportive measure and interventions can alleviate many side effects during treatments.
In addition, we care for the reconstruction of certain areas of the body which are affected by cancer therapy in ways which promote overall health and have cancer preventative potency. Research has shown that there are a variety of complementary approaches which helps manage side effects and improving overall quality of the cancer treatments experience.
Naturopathic Medicine for Cancer Patients
Naturopathic medicine is a holistic approach to provide each patient with therapies that are the least invasive. For people with cancer, this is especially important. Naturopathic medicine uses a whole-person approach to cancer care. It makes use of time-tested, scientifically proven, natural methods to increases the body’s ability to heal itself.
We use an integrated and natural treatment plan for patients undergoing cancer treatment which include:
- Nutritional supplements and botanical medicines–including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbs.
- Natural therapies — such as garlic, ginger and salt water.
- Homeopathic remedies–mainly involving plant extracts and minerals that gently strengthen the body’s healing and immune response.
- Lifestyle counseling–many medical conditions can be treated with foods and nutritional supplements, with fewer complications and side effects.
At CNH, we provide guidance during each step of your cancer treatment plan. We also monitor your supplement and vitamin intake make sure you are safe from potential drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions. Our physicians have comprehensive experience with a wide variety of natural products and therapies and are continuously researching the latest supplements.